Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, almost all of my stuff is moved in...granted that mostly consists of books and very little furniture. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but it's a bit messy and there's really not much different from the pictures I posted the weekend we signed the lease except for the boxes. And frankly, I've just been too lazy to take any. I tend to get really lazy when I'm lonely I guess.
I met one of my new neighbors today. I was in the office unpacking when I thought I heard someone at the door, but when I looked, there was no one there but I noticed that the door across the hall was open so I assumed that it was them I heard at their door. A few minutes later, I decided to run out to my car to grab some things I forgot and when I came back I saw there was an envelope taped to my door. There was a card from the neighbors across the hall welcoming me to the building and saying to let them know if I needed anything. So I thought I'd go over to thank them and introduce myself. Then when I went outside to do that, I looked down and saw a nice little welcome mat at the door. So I went over there and met my neighbor John, who lives there with his daughter. He was really nice and welcoming, letting me know that if there's ever a storm, he invites everyone down into the hallway of his garage if we need to seek shelter. So I thought that was nice. It's nice to feel welcomed by your neighbors instead of just moving in and never talking to anyone.
Then around 2:30 I got a call from the cable guy asking if I minded if he came early to set up my cable, which was awesome, since it's been kinda boring here without it. I need to figure out what friends actually still live in KC to hang out with. Patrick helped out with moving and was a huge help to my dad and me. Haven't seen Missy yet since she had a long work weekend, but hopefully we'll be able to get together this week when neither of us are working.
Well, that's all I can think of right now. I need to go to Best Buy at some point and get a new router since this one doesn't seem to want to work anymore. It's been kinda touchy for a while and half the time Chris's computer won't even pick it up so maybe it's time for a new one. We had the same one at my mom's and I just replaced it cause it wasn't working right with her iPod and apparently LinkSys doesn't support it anymore. It's not too big of a deal to hardwire to the modem right now, but once Chris gets here we'll need wireless.

No comments:

Post a Comment