So far I'm liking working at the high school. I'm a little isolated back in my little corner, but I'm making friends. Since I push in to a lot of classes, I've met a few other teachers. Last Friday I stopped by to talk to one of my student's teachers and got invited to happy hour. I had a chiropractor appointment but I went ahead and went anyway. It was definitely a good time and I met a few more people. One thing about working at the high school is that there are so many people that it's hard to actually get to know them unless they're in your department. SPED teachers are pretty spread out though. In my corner are all social studies teachers, but since my student doesn't have any of them, I haven't really had a reason to go talk to them. So my new friends are mostly English teachers and SPED teachers. They're fun times. I was told anytime I needed a happy hour, just email. I like that.
In other news, my little sister is getting married in 12 days! I'm really excited for her. He's a good guy and treats her well. I'm excited to be her maid of honor. This is the first time I've been a bridesmaid, much less a maid of honor, unless you count my parents' weddings. Next week I have a 2 day work week after Labor Day, then it's off to St. Louis on Thursday for the rehearsal and the wedding on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment